Showcasing, promoting and uniting businesses within the Scenic Rim by recognising excellence in innovation, productivity and customer service.
Scenic Rim Business Excellence Awards 2019
Message from the Mayor
It gives me great pleasure to introduce the 2019 Scenic Rim Business Excellence Awards.
Our region is home to an array of small and medium sized business operations ranging from the traditional to the quaint and quirky – all of which play a valuable role in strengthening our regional economy and in generating the energy that is powering our brand ‘Scenic Rim’.
The Scenic Rim Business Excellence Awards provide another opportunity to recognise strong achievers and to celebrate and to inspire others to press forward as we expand our line-up of high-performing enterprises that will continue to deliver prosperity and future employment opportunities across our region.
The inclusion of Apprentice/Trainee of the Year in the awards line-up aims to encourage and inspire those who represent the future of business and industry in our region.
I encourage you to nominate and I look forward to seeing all of the nominations. I hope you will join me in celebrating the achievements of our Scenic Rim business community at the gala awards night on Friday 29 March at The Centre, Beaudesert.
WHY ENTER THE AWARDS?
The aim of the awards is to showcase, promote and unite businesses within the Scenic Rim by recognising excellence in innovation, productivity and customer service. We seek to highlight your ideals and aspirations while applauding your achievements and endeavour to succeed, whether you are a large, medium or small business, in any economic climate.
Scenic Rim Regional Council is seeking to make the dinner and presentation night a highlight of the business social calendar, bringing together the region’s business community.
Here are some reasons to enter:
You – and your employees – work hard in your business and deserve to be acknowledged and rewarded.
It’s a chance to examine your business and evaluate core strengths, strategic focus, performance and achievements.
Participation provides an opportunity to showcase your services and products, and awareness of your business, to a broader audience.
AWARD NOMINATION CATEGORIES
Excellence in Tourism, Accommodation & Hospitality
Sponsored by Tamborine Mountain Chamber of Commerce & Industry
Excellence in Retail
Sponsored by Boonah District Chamber of Commerce
Excellence in Trades & Construction
Sponsored by Kooralbyn Valley Chamber of Commerce
Excellence in Agriculture
Sponsored by Regional Development Australia – Ipswich & West Moreton
Excellence in Transport, Logistics, Manufacturing & Mining
Sponsored by Beaudesert & District Chamber of Commerce
Excellence in Professional & Community Services
Sponsored by Canungra Chamber of Commerce
Trainee/Apprentice of the Year
Sponsored by TAFE QLD
Award Nomination Questions
Businesses are required to address the following questions when nominating their business for one of the award categories. No more than one A4 page is to be submitted per question.
Apprentice/Trainee of the Year Questions
Applications for the Apprentice/Trainee Award are welcome from either the individual or their employer. To be eligible, the individual is to be currently completing, or have completed their qualification in 2018.
HOW TO ENTER
ENTER IN PERSON
Download the Scenic Rim Business Excellence Awards 2019 Nomination Kit, complete the entry form and return, in person to a Scenic Rim Regional Council customer service counter at either our Beaudesert or Boonah offices.
Use the link below to complete and submit an online entry form. As part of the submission process you will be given the opportunity to attach and upload question answers and any relevant documentation with your entry.
CLOSING DATE & JUDING
Entries close on 18 February 2019. The awards will be judged by an independent business expert who will comprehensively review all nominations, select finalists based on performance against criteria and conduct site visits and interviews of the finalists. Judges may, at their discretion, re-classify an application if it is considered appropriate.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- By entering the 2019 Scenic Rim Business Excellence Awards, you agree to abide by the following conditions of entry:
- All entrants must operate or be employed in the Scenic Rim Local Government Area.
- All nominations must address all relevant questions to be considered a valid entry, and submit a fully completed nomination form.
- Business Award nominees must select the category they are entering. Businesses are eligible to enter more than one category.
- All nomination forms submitted will be commercial- in-confidence and only used for the judging process.
- A minimum of two nominations must be received in order for the category to progress to the finalist stage.
- It is the responsibility of all applicants, nominees and nominators to ensure they have selected the correct category, and submitted the application for that category by the closing date.
- Staff will do their best to ensure all eligible entries are secured and processed for judging purposes; and do not take any responsibility for any lost or misdirected entries submitted by post, delivery, email or other electronic means.
- All nominees agree to be bound by the terms of Council’s privacy statement.
- Council reserves the right to cancel, combine or not offer an award category at its discretion.
- Claims made in your entry must be true and correct.
- All entrants must be compliant with all relevant local, Queensland and federal laws and regulations.
- Sponsors may enter the awards, but may not enter the category that they are sponsoring.