Businesses from across the Scenic Rim are being encouraged to grab the opportunity for free coaching and mentoring support through the Scenic Rim Business Growth & Recovery Program.
TAFE Queensland and the Scenic Rim Regional Council are working together to offer small and medium businesses the opportunity to complete a series of fully-funded workshops and 1-on-1 coaching and mentoring sessions.
The focus is on key skills, knowledge, and processes to initially stabilize businesses after the recent bushfires and then to take businesses to the next level.
The first workshop in the series, held on 1 November in Beaudesert, attracted strong attendance from across the region, with participants from Peak Veggie Patch, The Big Pumpkin, RMD Earth Moving, the Canungra Times, Binna Burra Lodge, Precinct Property Group, Kooralbyn Health & Resource Centre, Bulldog Trimming, Trilogy Accounting, Aussie Lifestyle Properties and Scenic Rim Adventure Park turning out to take part.
The 1 November workshop, delivered by Yolla Consulting and Iscariot Media, was an introduction to strategy and planning. Sessions were also held on customer and clients (8 Nov), social media (15 Nov), getting ready to tender (19 Nov) and preparing capability statements (20 Nov).
Upcoming sessions include:
- Friday 29 November 2019: Digital Two – Digital security + cloud computing etc.
- Thursday 5 December 2019: Digital Three – Hands on with social media
- Friday 6 December 2019: Getting your business ready for media
- Friday 13 December 2019: Small Business Expo with Scenic Rim Regional Council
These three hour workshops are open to all businesses in the Scenic Rim and can be attended as single sessions or the entire series. They are held at the Scenic Rim Regional Council, 82 Brisbane Street, Beaudesert.
Specific business outcomes out of the workshops include:
- A Business Plan (short-term and medium-term business strategy)
- Digital literacy including digital security, social media and a range of cloud computing solutions
- A Business Capability Statement and /or Company Profile
- Business case studies, testimonials, and references
- Opportunity selection (go/no go tool) and basic due diligence processes
- Advice on key business systems and documentation (e.g. WHS system, HR, IT and Recordkeeping).
Mentoring and 1-on-1 business coaching sessions are also available for businesses who participate in all workshops.
Register online here: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/5069fad9566f458ca4964141e2995692
For more information phone Rebecca Jordan on 0478 323 216 or email email@example.com
This program is subsidised through the Queensland Government’s Regional Skills Adjustment Strategy (RSAS): https://tafeqld.edu.au/information-for/employers/regional-skills-adjustment-strategy/index.html