Scenic Rim Regional Council is committed to assisting potential investors and businesses looking to expand, through additional services including the provision of information, assistance identifying suitable sites as well as education and information regarding the development approval process.
A dedicated Case Manager will provide a single point of contact for proponents for all matters related to Council.
Pre-lodgement meetings and other efforts to ensure an investor is aware of all the necessary planning information is important.
Our Regional Prosperity team will be your first point of contact and will:
- provide you with a variety of local information and market intelligence
- assist you to identify and select a suitable site or premises
- facilitate assistance with development applications
- facilitate assistance with referral agencies, and
- organise access to free of charge concept meetings where you can explore opportunities with our Planning team. This is completed before a pre-lodgement meeting or the development application being lodged and committing to the associated costs.
We also offer a deferral of infrastructure charges for eligible developments.
Recently, the Regional Prosperity team met with Kalfresh to support their Scenic Rim Agricultural Industrial Precinct project. Kalfresh proposed to establish approximately 40 hectares of land for an integrated agricultural industrial processing precinct, with a renewable energy power facility, converting waste to energy.
Our role included assisting in facilitating meetings with the appropriate internal stakeholders within Scenic Rim Regional Council and providing data to Queensland and Australian government agencies to advocate for the project.
In addition to the deep data research, we contributed to the case, with a letter of support.
The outcome was announced on 31 May, and was a very positive step towards job creation and industry development.